VISAThing doesn’t provide any visa support for Schengen Visa. However, an applicant can get all the visa processing / Consultancy support for this country through our sister concern VISAThing Express (www.visathingexpress.com) Schengen visa from Bangladesh.
For any query, please call Hotline Number: +88 0196 777 7788 (Hotline) or Email: email@example.com
Now visa application lodgment is easier & less hassled with VISAThing’s Ground Support. By accepting this service, an applicant shall have an error-free documentations assistance as well as an accompanying associate who will support in lodging the application at designated Embassy / High Commission / VFS in New Delhi, India.
Austria – Belgium – Czech Republic – Denmark – Estonia – Finland – France – Germany – Greece – Hungary – Iceland – Italy – Latvia – Lithuania – Liechtenstein– Luxembourg – Malta – Netherlands – Norway – Poland – Portugal – Slovakia – Slovenia – Spain – Sweden- Switzerland
Information for short term visa:
- Nationals of Bangladesh who are traveling to Europe for commercial or tourist purposes can obtain a visa for a maximum stay of 90 days within a period of six months (180 days) (single entry or multiple entries), valid for all above mentioned countries.
- In cases of multiple entries the days of every stay will be added up. In these cases the maximum stay of 90 days within a period of six months may not be exceeded.
- A visa application does not give the right to actually obtain a visa.
- In principle, changing of travel destination after obtaining the visa is not allowed. At the moment of issuance of the visa, information about possible extension can be provided.
- In Bangladesh, travelers can obtain a common visa at the diplomatic missions listed below. If the main destination (according to travel purposes and duration of stay) is situated in one of the above mentioned countries please apply at the Embassy of that country.
- If it is not possible to determine in which country the main destination is situated, the Schengen Member State of first entry into the Schengen territory is competent for issuance of the visa.
Bangladeshi visa applicants have to present the following documents:
- One (1) application form (fill out all headings, front and back, using capital letters. Your application shall not be processed in case of error or omission. You have to date and sign the application.)
- Two (2) recent color photographs (full face, no dark glasses, no head covering, plain white background only)
- Valid passport (the validity of the passport has to exceed the end of the proposed trip by at least three months)
- Clear photocopy of your passport data page (identification page)
- Travel Health Insurance (to cover medical expenses at minimum of 30,000–Euro). The list of travel Insurance companies are given
- All documents have to be accompanied with the original document and one photocopy.
For Business Visa:
- Original invitation letter from a company situated in any Schengen countries.
- Proof of sufficient foreign funds (bank statements for the past three months)
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company in Bangladesh and/or Memorandum and Articles of Association (if applicable)
- Evidence of former and current transactions in Bangladesh and/or abroad (e.g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)
- Proof of personal living conditions marriage certificate, birth certificate of children (if applicable)
- A Forwarding letter/introduction letter from the company or organization in Bangladesh explaining necessity to travel even if the applicant is the owner of the company.
For Tourist Visa:
- Guarantor’s form/Formal Obligation signed by the host/ess and duly legalized by the aliens authority in Switzerland or proof of sufficient foreign funds.
- Proof of personal living conditions: marriage certificate, birth certificate of children (if
- Hotel booking (if applicable) – not mail-printout.
- Additional, if employed by a company here in Bangladesh:
- Leave letter of employer (with physical address and telephone number) stating the duration of leave and the function/profession of the applicant in the company
- Pay slips of the last three months
- Statement of private bank account of the last three months
For Transit Visa:
- Valid visas for all other countries of destination after leaving the Schengen territory.
- Confirmed reservation of flight
- For first time travelers: Complete business papers (see above)
- For transit traveler is no Travel Health Insurance required
- At the date of appointment applicants can submit their application forms between 10.00 and 12.00 a.m. After this period of time the Embassy is closed for presentation of the visa applications. Please arrange an appointment three or four weeks before travelling.
- Schengen visa consular usually needs 8 calendar days to process a visa application. In selected cases the processing time may rise to approximately 4 weeks.
- During collection of your passport you are kindly requested to check that the visa you applied for was duly issued. If you have any complaints please contact the personnel at the visa counters immediately.
- If applicants submit fake/forged passports they will be seized and sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means has to be presented not only in the process of applying for a visa, but also when entering the Schengen territory. A visa does not necessarily guarantee entry.
- The Travel Health Insurance has to cover medical expenses at minimum of 30,000–Euro and must be valid in all Schengen countries. Travel Health Insurances will only be accepted if issued by Insurance Companies which are either, resident in member countries of the European Union, in Switzerland or in Lichtenstein or which cooperate with an Insurance Company resident in the above mentioned countries.
- Please be informed that only complete applications will be considered by this office.
- The applicant is obliged to provide all information to the best of his/her knowledge and belief.
- Knowingly providing false information may result in the applicant being denied a visa or being deported from Switzerland, should a visa already have been issued.
Schengen Visa Application Centre:
For France, Austria & Portugal
Embassy of France
Road 108, House 18, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212
Tel: (+88) 02-881 3811/14
Fax: (+88) 02-988 3851
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
The Embassy of France is also the only competent authority for any applicant who intends to visit the French overseas territory, Monaco and Andorra, even if the main destination of his/her travel may be elsewhere, as well as for the following African countries: Burkina Faso, Central-Africa, Djibouti, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Senegal, Togo.
For Germany and Estonia, Hungary
Embassy of Federal Republic of Germany
House Rose land 178, Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka
Tel: (+88) 02-885 3521-24
Fax: (+88) 02-885 3528
Sunday-Wednesday between 08:30-17:30
Thursday between 09:00-13:00
For Italy, Greece & Malta
Embassy of Italy
Road 74/79, Plot 2/3, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212
Tel: (+88) 02-882 2781/2/3
Fax: (+88) 02-882 3337
Monday and Tuesday from 09:00-13:00
Visa Collection: Wednesday from 14:30-15:30
(Visa Agency) Open from Saturday to Thursday
The Embassy of Italy in Dhaka has appointed VFS Global as an outsourced partner, to facilitate applications for Italian Schengen visas.
Russel park (1st Floor), House -101, Road – 13/A, Block – C, Banani, Dhaka – 1213, Bangladesh
Helpline: (+88) 09606 777666
Helpline Timing: Sunday to Thursday 09:00 – 17:00 (Except public Holidays)
Website : http://www.vfsglobal-it-bd.com
For Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Luxembourg,
Poland, Latvia, Netherlands & Slovenia
Embassy of Sweden
Bay’s Edgewater, 6th Floor,
Plot No. 12, North Avenue,
Gulshan 2, Dhaka-1212
Tel: (+88) 02-883 3148
Fax: (+88) 02-882 3948
Submitting applications: Sunday-Tuesday 9:00-12:00
Receiving endorsed passports: Sunday-Tuesday 13:00-14:00
Visa Section telephone inquiries: Sunday-Tuesday 13:00-14:00
The Swedish Embassy has an appointment system. In order to get an appointment you are required to visit the following external service provider (not applicable for online applications):
The Sweden Visa Application Center is located at:
Sweden Visa Application Centre
Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90,
Gulshan North, Gulshan-2
Helpline No: (+88) 09606 777333 (Sunday to Thursday 09:00 to 17:00)
Application lodgement Timings: Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 to 14:00
Passport and Document Collection: Sunday to Thursday 15:00 to 16:00
Information: Sunday to Thursday 12:00 to 14:00
Embassy of Switzerland
8th Floor, Plot 12
North Avenue, Gulshan 2
Tel :+880 255 051 601
Fax :+880 255 051 614
Embassy of Spain
12 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212
Tel: (+88) 02 8831288 (Administration)
(+88) 02 8834555/8831313 (Visa)
Fax: (+88) 02 8837252
Sunday-Wednesday between 08:30-17:30
Thursday between 09:00-13:00
Spain Visa Application Centre
4th Floor, Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90,
Gulshan North, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Contact number (+88) 09606 777 444
Submission schedule: 9:00 to 14:00 hours
Passport retrieval schedule: 10:00 to 13:00 hours and 14:00 to 16:00 hours.
(Sunday – Thursday)